View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft blk edition 427r build #2297 grigo telesto color
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
IMHO, your problem is likely the result of incorrect installation of one or more components. If that is the case, I see no way I'd be willing to pay for labor for them to fix their error. It's not like you broke it by driving it too hard.

From what I gather Backdraft only covers parts under their warranty not the labor. Didnt think to ask because I have never heard of such a thing. There is a slick feel to the back of pressure plate, not wet just slick so theres that..no way the clutch is worn out in 600 miles so it was either shimmed incorrectly or there is a leak from rear main or hyd thowout, either way ti is kinda BS that it isnt covered. yeah Ive pretty much babied it running it easy with ocassional harder acceleration to mate everything correctly, so this slippage might have even been there since day one, IDK.. James w Radical Roadsters says he can look thru bellhousing to see if HTOB is fully disengaging and thats probably correct. My 2011 Roush phase 3 when I sold it had 97,000 miles on it and I know you could see it removing the rubber boot because ever so often I'd take air to it. im putting pics i took last night or clutch, in my album, while you cant tell much maybe one of you pros can see something (make of clutch/HTOB)

Last edited by mavgarb302; 01-31-2022 at 07:56 AM..