View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft blk edition 427r build #2297 grigo telesto color
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
This may or may not be of use, but here goes. The procedure for setting the clutch pedal stop for my Tilton HTOB is as follows. Bleed the clutch system, raise the rear wheels off the ground and put the transmission in 4th gear with the parking brake disengaged. Have someone slowly push the clutch pedal down while someone else tries to manually rotate a rear wheel. As soon as the wheel can be turned (meaning the clutch has disengaged), stop pressing the clutch pedal and index the location with the pedal stop bolt. Repeat the test to see that the clutch does not disengage before the pedal reaches the stop. Then adjust the stop to allow the pedal (at the foot pad) to travel 1/4 inch farther. That is the final position of the pedal stop.

If your system is like mine (and it may or may not be so), then it should not be possible to push the pedal much past the position where the clutch disengages. If the pedal travels a lot farther, you may be overextending the HTOB piston causing it to leak at the piston seal.
Useful. Should be able to just witness the gap between the two. I may be over extending though but I believe since mine has a return you can't in theory over extend it. I am not sure. Like on my roush it had a return line, dis engagement was within 3" of an 8" swing much like I have now. If it was a single line I believe it can be too much pressure but again, just my thought no research into YET..