View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default foot sensitivity

A fact of life is that as you get older you loose sensitivity in your feet even if you don't have diabetes. So, I decided to get a pair of motor sports driving shoes to see if that would help. The first pair came in and they must have been for a woman's foot as they were the right size but so narrow I couldn't almost get into them. I wanted the thinnest sole I could get for max feel. I ordered a different brand and they had a pair of Alpinestars on a close out and they were perfect, tried to get a second pair but they were out in my size, didn't really care about color so blue came. These were the low cut shoes and they have brought back a ton of driving pleasure. Ordered the replacement shoe for the discontinued shoe, it is 98 percent the same as the one I really like, the difference is in the heal. The shoes, I like have a rounded heal and the second pair has a squared off heal. This is personal preference, but I like the rounded heal so it will be the grinder on the second pair.
if you try this be aware you may get some feed back from your friends, as I have at breakfast with my friends, like am I taking up to be a ballerina. The comfort is worth the ribbing and I wear them all the time now even when not driving. So, if ordering pay attention to what the heal looks like on the pair you are ordering.

Bill K