View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, I wanted to share a potentially positive glimmer of hope, and request your support, especially if you live in CT. I recently connected with my Middletown state rep, who shared this response regarding CT composite vehicles and classic plates:

Quote:
“I spoke with the chair of the finance committee which is responsible for the tax code. I am going to introduce the bill, and hopefully get it raised for a public hearing. There is no guarantee it will get raised as we are only in session for a little less than three months this year and the agenda is pretty full, but I will do my best.

If there is a public hearing would you be willing to testify or submit written testimony? Do you know of others who would do the same ?“
I've shared this with the CT car council as well, since they were planning to reach out to DMV directly even prior to this information.

If this gains any traction, I suggest we rally to support, possibly engage the local replica companies and businesses that support our hobby. It's an election year for a lot of towns, which may get us more support than other years.

If you live in Connecticut, you need to read this thread on registration and taxation BEFORE purchasing a replica:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/regi...re-beware.html