Old 02-11-2022, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wells View Post
From my 1981 Mercury Zephyr wagon with the 557:

If the 7.3 had been available 12 or so years ago, I may have chosen it over the 385-series.

Good work on the Cobra! And if you could provide a short example of its sound, that would be delightful!

Tom
Tom,
Very fitting plate, I picked mine up about 11 years ago and still holds true to this day, but could be much worse.

I was over the moon when they came out with the 7.3, I couldn't see spending the money for a built FE or SBF when I'd be deep into it and only marginally more power than the LS stuff I've worked with. I also couldn't bring myself to putting an LS in it as it just didn't seem right. The Mod motors or Coyote would have been nice but I seriously doubt they would have fit.

The best clip I can get is on Mast's IG page, they still haven't given me the harness so I haven't even heard it run in person:
Mast dyno test

Here it is when they displayed it at Holley's Ford Intergalactic Fest:
Mast Display Video

JB
I believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.