View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Yes, I agree. You are faster making sure that you are driving a good line and not drag racing down the straights and then screwing up the corners. That's what John was alluding too, people were having trouble in the corners keeping the car straight. With the current setup I am running at 5 lbs/HP, that is all that I want, especially given a transverse leaf spring suspension with solid rotor Girlings.

What's funny is how we all have different perspectives on things. I was looking at the HP and torque numbers thinking about how they will help getting out of corners and moving faster down the straights. I shared the dyno sheet with my cousin, who helps crew for me sometimes and is involved with the enduros when I run them, and his first comment was, "Look at that fuel consumption, we are going to have to re-think how we run the enduros." I have a 15 gallon fuel cell and at 30 GPH during a 60 minute enduro, that creates a problem. Looks like I will need to look at getting a 20 gallon fuel cell.

Thanks for the comment.

Jim