View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2022, 01:53 PM
patrickt's Avatar
patrickt patrickt is offline
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Join Date: Jun 2005
Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Posts: 21,779
Not Ranked     

Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Ford must have figured a friction fit plug might be a reliability issue in a engine that would be run extensively at high rpm (including the water pump).
No. They're actually called Welch plugs. And for your absolutely arcane automotive factoid for the day, read this:
Reply With Quote