Old 02-24-2022, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by old willy View Post
Hi John,
Nice hard top concept. Just my 2 cents but working along the lines of the 289 Le Mans type to could it hinge at the rear and tilt up on gas struts. Check out the old Chevy astro 1 concept car , lift the top, get in and pull it back down and latch it to the MGB windshield frame. It is not perfect but it does not require any doors. I will keep watching to see what you come up with. If I was not already building my car I would be buying your kit, it looks great and is beautifully simple.

Don’t add doors, your design is better.

Cheers,
Hudson
Thank you for your kind words Hudson. Your suggestion for the top is EXACTLY how I plan to make it. I just got in sculpting foam. I plan to start on the top next week.

I've sold some "kits" and have several people that have expressed interest in getting one. Unfortunately my heath issues are progressing. Time to really retire. I plan to work on personal projects but not build more to sell. I do have 2 frames and bodies that are almost complete. I will sell those. I'm putting the body plug, the molds, and the jigs up for sale. I believe that with the correct marketing that my car can be a success. It drives and handles great and draws a lot of attention.

Having fun. Come on SPRING!!!