View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Not a scammer, but also far from an expert on these things. The engine has been rebuilt and never on an ignition in it's current state. The previous owner had the block restored to under standard measurements and then bored back to enable 250 Wall Sleeves. They were inserted by NW Motor Welders via the Cold to Hot technique. Webbing of the block was thickened bottom and top during the process. It has Aries Pistons and Rings. The heads are new. I was told Ford C8AX --> Racing Program for the GT40. New Crank and Rods as well. Bushed Rockers, Billet Rocker Shafts, Push Rocker. Gear drive system Cam/Crank/Idler. 4:30 gears. Standard 378 stroke, ARP Studs, correct bolts.

It also came with a Don Hampton Blower. 671 model for easier Falange work. Fly Wheel and Clutch were time for a 4 Speed. I believe Crower did a lot of the work.

I'm told the Block is stamped 3196 by Shelby. I'll find pictures. Please call 206-250-4086 to discuss it further. As you can tell I don't know what I really have, but these are details I have and was told it's a side oiler. It was supposedly pulled from a 1966 Cobra a long time ago.