View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Daytona, Ford 302
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
I find it interesting how the descriptions of a car, an engine or both can become so misrepresented in such a confusing but innocent (hopefully) manner not withstanding. Take for example the following;

Here we have my pride & joy., (the double punctuation was the seller's not mine) A beautiful DAX Tojerio with a thumping V8, Summit racing fully forged roller cam, Small block Chevy 400cu, Elderbrock high Rev heads, 4 barrel holly carb, Fully tuned on rolling road by John Sleath Race cars, TKO500 gearbox, McLeod hydraulic clutch, Power assisted steering …

A few questions that immediately come to mind;

• Is the engine thumping because of a bad rod or ?,
• Who is guilty of forging the cam?
• Were the Elderbrock high Rev heads done by the now deceased Vic Edlebrock Sr,
• Are we sure these are the high rev heads and not medium or low rev heads and of course how do you know,
• How much better than the medium rev heads are the high rev heads,
• If you are beneath the car and also the Holly carb, is anyone required to kiss you,
• When the tuning was done, how fast was the road rolling and of course,
• How do we know it was not only 87% tuned as opposed to fully tuned.

I am presuming the seller is the owner which makes the conflated description(s) all the more horrific.
Here in the U.K. we would use the term “thumping V8” to refer to its sound and power. Any potential buyer at that price would not expect it to refer to a thrown rod. Autotrader is one of our mainstream vehicle sales advertisers. As with all adverts there is a limited number of characters available to use. The main purpose is to attract potential buyers to contact the seller to ask further questions such as you suggest, and potentially view the car to then ask further questions and view the paperwork including rolling road etc.
Dek