View Single Post
Old 03-20-2022, 03:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

RUFdriver, thanks for your up-to-date and accurate report on your experience titling/registering an Assembled Vehicle (ASVE) I am the OP of this thread and I agree it is old, but the posts in the last couple years are pretty accurate. We keep adding to this to provide a guide in one place that can be cited when we get repetitious calls here and on Facebook for help.

Some things have not changed over all these years: The title/reg process for ASVE cars varies greatly from county to county. The title clerks just don't do these cars often enough to get familiar with the regulations. One is best prepared who goes to the title office knowing the regulations better than the title office clerks. So our replica Cobra owners do frequently come out of the tax office with something other than a title for a <year built> ASVE. The RSC appointment, being lately put ahead of the tax office, is the state's attempt to rationalize the process. I hate it, but I understand it.

If you are able to join us in 10 days in San Marcos, we'd be happy to meet you. You'll get a kick out of walking around the parking lot with 100+ replica Cobras and seeing the variety of ways they are registered

Sam
Exes: ERA #745, CAVGT #180, Kirkham KMP0268, SPF GT40P2306, '05 Ford GT #1605, Exact 008, Kirkham KMP0928