View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mine, small block FORD
Not Ranked     

Hey Jim and Jim!

Thanks for the info on the astro van tail housing, there are just so many T5 options, it was a very versatile transmission, wow always something new to learn.

And as always thanks for the great info Jim, I am just glad you are not bragging about how long your drive shaft is :-)

I was looking at my available parts in the shop and trying to decide what to go with.
I need to get an out put yoke for the transmission and I have 2 options for the differential yoke end of things 1310 series joints or 1330 series.
I also have the ends off a 3 inch driveshaft assembly but I have not tried removing the yokes yet, I was thinking I would do it in the old lathe but if it's too much of a fight or just plain ole' ugly I will order some new ones in 2 1/2 size most likely in the 1310 size joints. The 3 inch 1330 stuff just looks like it belongs to a truck, no that you can really see it in the end. Hmmmmm

Oh ya, let me know when you are ready, you are right, no big rush I am going to work on the pedal box next then I could go back to those chassis type things or I might mock up / build my foot boxes. As I need them to fit up some of the tubes and well then...lets just say there is always lots to do...
I am just trying to think a couple of steps ahead is all :-)

Perhaps he was always a shyster, but we just chose to over look it for awhile.

You build what you like and I will build what I like...it's all good

You know that guy,
The one in the neighborhood who likes to hang around the garage while you are working and talk about back when he had that killer 1977 Chevy Mustang