View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2045, FFR 4068 Coupe sold, FFR 1816 roadster sold, FFR 3218 Roadster sold
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by celentanogj View Post
I have the knock-off wheel adapters from vintage and will be replacing the rims and tires back to five lug rims on my CCX. I priced the the rims that American racing have of the five lug setup for the Shelby style wheels and want to move up to the 17" or 18" size for the only reason of better performance options. I have a set of 15" BFG's on the car now and like a lot of us I liked to lean into the car I just find the the current BFG's, Cooper's and the M/T's ( I know the Coopers and M/T's are the same) don't have the traction going into the turns at speed (they get squirrely). My question is anyone have 18" rim and tire combination on their CCX and can post pictures of the car wearing that combination? I had 17's on my car earlier but opted for the 15's for the more traditional look but now I'm over it and like driving the car to much to worry about nostalgia. also the 18's provide a better variety of diameter and width that I'm lookin for over the 17's.
Why not consider a set of 15” Avon CRZ66 tires or tyres as they call them. Although not readily available I think you can get them from Roger Krause Racing. A little pricey but a better performance tire than the others you mentioned above. I have and like them. Keep the vintage look just buy rubber no wheels or work changing out pin drive parts. As Bill S mentioned the 17’s ride hard. Had a Daytona Coupe and FFR roadster on 17”s. Both road and drove like a buckboard on hockey pucks.