View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 10:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolsen42 View Post
Larry, I'm from New jersey, and like Mr. Bruce I remember the term "Slabside" used in the early seventies. It's not to describe the body, it's used to describe the fender flares. At the edge they are almost squared off flat, hence "Slabside" It is not a disparaging term, it's to differentiate the difference between the 289 and 427 body styles, of which the 289 is the most beautiful.

If that's truly the reason that owners of original Cobras feel as they do, then I think that is just plain foolish. There is nothing disparaging at all in the term.

Yours in Christ.

John O
You don't need to convince me, I understand both sides. I'm only pointing out what I've seen/heard. It's them you'd need to convince.
To me, there is no need to point out or describe the difference between leaf spring and coil spring cars. If you want to get technical and correct, a "Cobra" is a small block, leaf spring suspension car. A "Cobra 427" is a big block, coil spring suspension car. Two different models that don't need any further description.
Larry