View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 600hp borg warner t5?

Hello,
This is my first post. So I have a T5 borg warner that came from a 92 mustang. I already went through all the identifying websites and figured that out. so before my dad died we had a deal. he built the motor and tranny , and i did the car. The problem is i dont have documentation for what he did to the transmission. I only remember him saying something about the synchros. Well its time for the car. im going to do a backdraft cobra replica. This engine was virtually dyno'd with around 600hp. I mean i would find it very silly if he didnt put the Gforce (or other) upgrade kit into it, but i dont know how to identify if he did or not. I have the tail and top cover off. everything looks brand new, Obviously the sychros are new. one detail i did uncover is 5th gear has a borg warner stamp with an 052035 part on it. that to me is no big deal cause i would not be hammering it hard in 5th anyway. So do any of you know how to identify if it has been upgraded? please see the attached pictures. Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Jim
Attached Images