View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 04:22 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpoon PV2 View Post
I stole this from the AC Owners Club Forum. Hopefully they wont mind? https://sportscardigest.com/tom-cott...eid=585598dd9b It's a great article about a man like a lot of us, who dreamed about owning a Cobra, but was always two steps behind his dream! I can identify with him, being to young when they were new, then in 1975 when I got to drive a 289, the price was $5,500, which mine as well have been 5 million, since I didn't have either! finally got a 289 in 2001, and made it into Car & Driver when Pete Egan drove as his co driver from California to North Carolina, I still have that issue, and operantly Shelby read it to! So give it a read! Cheers, Dennis
I've had the pleasure of meeting Tom a number of times, he is so down to earth and laid back. Would love to join one of his tours, but I do not own a real Cobra, nor a vintage Woody. Both on my bucket list though. Great write up, and yes, I can confirm, he does drive it. Thanks for posting the link.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS