View Single Post
Old 06-25-2002, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Angry Damage Update

Here's what I hope is the final tally:

Novus could not do a satisfactory job on the windshield. Another new windshield being ordered today for winter installation.

Learned this weekend after leaving Novus that I had no fans and no horn. Ummm. Leaning over the hood at roadside whilst investigating this odd combination, I got my first side pipe tatoo... OUCH!!

Anyway, further troubleshooting at the Zderf garage revealed two environmentally damaged relays. The German Hella relay for the horns, and the Italian 30 amp double pole relay for the pusher and puller fans failed the GICR water spray test. Moisture appears to have found its way into the relay coils and rusted the internals. Amazing..... installed at different times (3 years and 1 year ago), different brands, different functions, and both went at the same time. (I'll be buying a new fuel pump relay and installing that soon.. its under the car in a worse environment).

Gentleman, check your relays. It's this bloody climate!!

Oh well, I gunna drive around some today in hopes there are no further issues. Gotta be ready for Port Townsend and Skagit Valley!!!

Zderf