View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mine, small block FORD
Not Ranked     
Default And another thing......

Hey there!
Some good observations. I did do some measuring when I was deciding on the cross member location and it looks like the flange and U joint should clear the tube. This may be yet another reason to go with the 1310 series driveshaft stuff. If I think it is too tight I am willing to inset the top of the tube a bit.

As for the angle, both the engine/trans combo and the differential are sitting at 3 degrees in relation to the chassis currently. That is also why I am holding off welding the diff brackets until I have the urethane mount kit in and tightened down, might need to adjust it a bit.

Looking at the picture I posted I can see why you asked , the diff case looks to be sitting at way more of an angle.
I just walked out to the shop and double checked both angles again, just in case.
I guess this is what my wife jokingly refers to as an "opticians illusion" , it is most likely due to the angle of the shot and the fact I take my pictures out there whith a little old Sony pocket camera. I use it because I wouldn't feel so bad if it accidentally gets dropped or chrushed or something.

Cheers,
Hudson

Perhaps he was always a shyster, but we just chose to over look it for awhile.

You build what you like and I will build what I like...it's all good

You know that guy,
The one in the neighborhood who likes to hang around the garage while you are working and talk about back when he had that killer 1977 Chevy Mustang