View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGumby View Post
@eschaider Confirmed with a police friend that this accident happened 5 days ago. The horrific crash is still being discussed on nextdoor. Some are neighbors of the deceased.

I'm new to Bay Area Cobra scene and haven't met others yet. Your profile says you're in Gilroy. May want to check the BACC roster to see if he was an acquaintance.

Agree with need to drive within your limits. I love driving my Cobra but know it can kill me at any moment.

These sorts of events bring all manner of passions to the forefront. Some good, some self serving and more than a few predicted on incomplete or inaccurate information.

Not withstanding FlyingGumby's friend in the police department, California maintains an online database of auto accidents that is searchable by date and city. The information is drawn from Police and other databases. The attached screen shot is from that same service with the content beginning on April 2, 2022, well before the represented date of the accident.

A review of the actual accident data for Mountain View in and around the reported date of occurrence for the accident, reveals no such accident occurring between April 2, 2022 and today in the Mountain View, CA list of traffic accidents. I suspect Bill (Mr. Mustang) was initially correct about the 10 year earlier date being the actual date of the accident.

Although I believe FlyingGumby's representation about the Nextdoor coverage, I typically fall down on the side of official Police reports as opposed to any type of social media commentary. The social media space is populated by too much unsupported but emotionally charged informational content to be reliable.
Attached Images

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 04-17-2022 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Fixed Broken Pic link