View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 07:59 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Indeed Ed, what's going on? Randy since you live down there maybe find out the true story, it was stated here (On this post) an 81yo driver died in the accident, someone has to know the details?? We had a similar accident 2monhs ago here in Sequim Wa. a friend of a club member, called him, and asked if he put his Cobra backward in a ditch on (Carlberg Rd.) the friend saw the Cobra in the ditch (Firsthand account), he said no mines here in Az. with me. Mike called me and asked if our other 2-members with Blue + white cars were accounted for? Yes, our cars were not the one?? So I did my own checking, asked the Store owner next to the scene, the restaurant just down the street, and the house closest to the accident, no one had seen anything, I found skid marks (Yes backwards in the ditch) and contact with brush + limbs (He/She came within a foot of a Large tree). The road was straight and dry at the time, the first skid marks 50ft+ were two (Acceleration), then a short section before 4 wheel slide (Brakes Locked-up going backwards). I spoke to local police, but like everything else now-a-days it's confidential. Checked the 911 news nothing??