Old 05-02-2022, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Route 66 Fun Run 2022 Summary

Route 66 Fun Run 2022 Summary

Another great 3 day trip in the books, my 20th year on the Route 66 Fun Run. First gathering near Carefree Hwy and Lake Pleasant Blvd. Juan, Bruce, Ken & Lynn, John & Julie, Mark & Lisa, Scotty, Keith, and myself took off right on time at 7:44:59. We were joined by Karl in the Lake Pleasant area and pushed on to Congress, our first pit stop for fuel, refreshments, and old man stuff. We stayed pretty much together all the way to the bottom of Yarnell Hill, about a mile. Took a lot of turns on new blacktop with loose gravel almost all the way to Prescott then had to bob and weave through town since the “Square” was blocked off for some kind of event.
Next stop was the Chino Valley Safeway. This was the ONLY place where everyone came together. The later, traditional group caught up with us and we stole the show in the parking lot. Fuel, another old man pit stop, and Sheriffs officers lengthened our stay but Bruce & Dave, Dan & Adriana, Gary & Vicki, Al & Patty, Cottonwood Ralph, and Jim made us whole. 11 Cobras, 3 Mustangs, and a Corvette. Onward to Seligman.
Like herding cats, at Seligman we separated into 3 groups, to lunch at Lilo’s, Roadkill, and Snowcap. Town was crowded with cars. Show Package check-in was at a church north of 66 and about center of town. Leaving Seligman was again a bunch of separate groups. We took Route 66 all the way with a stop at Hackberry (for ice cream bar.) You know, tradition. On to the Red Roof Inn in Kingman.
Arrival about 3pm and they were ready with our discount. Our 12th Cobra showed up with Scott & Louise in a trailer.
Fun parking lot times. Several members were placed in the back building where they gathered and the rest in the front building grouped in front of Juan, Jim, and Dan rooms.
Friday dinner got messed up from Uber mistakes but several of us enjoyed Arby’s then back to parking lot banter.
Early rising Saturday took many of us to Mr DZ’s for breakfast and others to the Hoover Dam tour. Again, groups separated. Some back to Seligman, and to Oatman where Jim & I visited with 1000 bikers and many Sheriff’s officers. We were the only car parked on the road except an old Rat Rod. Oatman was crowded with black leather, sleeveless shirts, Burros, and even some semi-naked women. Tough day. Several of the members parked their cars on Andy Devine at 7am and left them there for the day’s car show and judging. Show was quite large, taking up all of Andy Devine and Beal Streets.
Final gathering began in the same parking lots with booze, beer, cigars, ice cream, and lots of tales of the day. You know, the normal stuff. Dinner, again was split up with many of us going to Pizza Hut to enjoy the FREE large pizza given every show entry. More than enough. Even brought some back to the parking lot group.
Karl had water pump problems but resolved them enough to make it home on Sunday. Gary & Vicki were not so lucky with transmission trouble and trailer home. 6 speed coming?
Sunday was early rise again. Many went to awards show at 9am, where I understand none of our members won, some took the “Salmon Run” back to Seligman, and others just headed south on 93, like me. Had to get home for a 9 year old Grandson Birthday Party. I left about 6:30am and Scotty blew my doors off just after my Wikieup old man pit stop. One more stop in Wickenburg and I was home before 10am. Plenty of time for car emptying, shower, and nap. Trip is in the book!

AZ Bob

Last edited by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB; 05-03-2022 at 07:14 AM..