View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Turning the wheels on jackstands may be ok, but it shouldn't have enough grip to move the car on level ground. . . . . Instructions for setting the pedal stop on my HTOB was to bleed the system and then have one person slowly push down on the pedal while another attempted to turn the rear wheels by hand (on jack stands). The pedal stop was set to allow the pedal to travel 1/4 inch beyond the point where the wheels could be turned.

It is not normal for the HTOB to work normally at first and then not after only 1,000 miles. I'd guess two possible reasons. One is the pedal stop was not properly set at the beginning and the HTOB was overextended at some point, causing it to leak. The other is that the gap between the HTOB and the clutch fingers was not properly set at installation. You may be able to check for a leak with a small inspection camera system, but you'd need to pull the transmission/bell housing to check the gap.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Last edited by Tommy; 05-14-2022 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: Correct error