View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Requesting guidance on insuring a Cobra

Hello to all across Club Cobra!

I would greatly appreciate your counsel on how to insure a Cobra in the U.S.

But here is my additional requirement - I want to insure my two sons on the car. Both have clean driving records but neither has 10 years of driving experience.

The lack of 10 years driving experience proved to be a deal breaker with Hagerty. At any price, much to my surprise, even with me in the car at all times, as if back in the days of supervised driving with a learner's permit etc. The Hagerty rep stated this restriction applies to all Cobras due to excessive HP etc.

I am in the market for a Cobra for my entire family to enjoy. Hagerty was my first choice to insure the car but Hagerty is no longer an option.

So, has anyone been successful with insuring their cars with other providers for a policy that included drivers in their households that are under 25 years old?

This challenge is causing me to re-consider whether such a purchase still makes sense for my family. Or at least the timing of this purchase, which has already been a long time coming. So your insights and experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian