View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA, 347 CI
Not Ranked     
Default Potential New Owner, waited. 17Years (UPDATE)

Well,

Based on some advice I got on this site and a couple conversations on the phone, I went down to Unique Motorcars in Alabama and visited the Weavers a few weeks ago and I am glad I did. Unfortunately I was not able to attend their homecoming this last weekend.

Anyway, I decided on a 289 FIA body but will be doing a "street" version more British Sport look than race car.... ...no racing stripe (sorry to the purists out there). I don't race cars and will be driving it quite a bit. Hope it will look less like I'm having a mid-life crisis. I am keeping the roll bar however as I'm only getting older and will.assist in sliding in and out of the seat and keep the occasional passenger from trying to rip the windshield out of the car.

Susan Parham is a delight to deal with and will be providing the 289 based power plant. I gave both Unique Motorcars and Southern Automotive deposits and I've been officially "pregnant" for about a month now. Excited, happy, and glad to be spending $$ on something I want while it's still worth something.

Getting a set of wire Daytons made now. Supply Chain thing is ridiculous and getting worse. Seems a lot like what I remember of the 70's.

Can't stop looking at paint colors on the road now.....Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the advice/help/ability to lurk. Now I gotta find out where I can rent a car hauler to bring it home to finish it up.

Jakal