View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 09:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Jakal,

Welcome to Club Cobra and congrats on selecting Unique Motorcars to build you a 289 FIA, they have an excellent reputation.

I had ERA build me a 289 FIA in sort of a 'street' trim and I would imagine that Weavers can customize your Cobra in just the way you want it. I went with the ERA 289 FIA, but with no hood or oil cooler scoops and no trunk bumps, the FIA dash, a grille and quick jacks. If you are interested, details are in my build thread.

ERA 2136 Build Log

Lots of great advice in the comments above and it sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to build. I would encourage you to continue to look at what others have done, to help you decide what features you want and just as important, what features you don't want.

When you really get into the nitty gritty of all the decisions you need to make for your build, it can be a bit overwhelming. Take your time, ask questions and even solicit opinions & suggestions, but in the end it’s your car and build the Cobra of your dreams. As the others have noted, when it’s all said and done, you will be so happy with your Cobra, there is nothing else quite like it.

Last but not least, one of the hardest decisions will be color but fortunately that just about one of the last decisions you will need to make, so you have time to ponder.

Have Fun!

- Tim