View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 05:44 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFdriver View Post
90% of the roll bars in Cobras are cosmetic, the hoops won’t do crap in a real crash. If you’re seriously tracking these cars you need a full on cage. Any bolt in roll bar is cosmetic IMO. I had a backdraft once and the passenger roll bar was barely bolted in , finger tight and basically worthless. UCC uses actual DOM roll bar tubing( the old Lone Star design) but they’re still bolted to the frame so no better or worse than what else is out there.
Sorry, but that broad a statement is a bit misguided, there are several replica companies that design their roll bars to be functional. FFR, ERA, Contemporary, SPF, Kirkham, Unique all design their bars to be functional and not just cosmetic. It is their design in engineering that calls in to the attention to detail of the manufacturer. Yes, some companies do not spend the time to design their cars with more safety features appropriately, the pictures from the car manufacture that the OP has posted appears to be one of them. Sad, but still true, no matter what brand you are loyal to or not. Your money, your choices, not something I'm trying to sway anyone on, just pointing out what I see, which is what the OP requested so we could potentially assist with a value. Form and function, as well as cosmetics and mechanicals, all go towards that goal.

Bill S.

PS: Is that your car in the pictures above?

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS