View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     
Default Ken Miles and Dave Macdonald at Dodger Stadium, March 1963

I found some cool old racing pics on the C2 Corvette registry.

As near as I can tell, these were snapped at the SCCA Dodger Stadium Regional, in March 1963.

If I'm right about the date and location, then I'm also pretty sure that's CSX2002 wearing #298 on the right side of the 1st pic (with Ken Miles at the wheel); and that's CSX2026 in the color photo, wearing #198 and driven by Dave Macdonald- I can tell that it's Macdonald in the color pic, due to his white helmet (Miles was wearing a black helmet)

This was the 2nd race (after Riverside in Feb 63) where Dave Macdonald and Ken Miles finished 1-2 in the Cobras

Interesting that at Riverside (which would have been just a couple months prior to this pic), CSX2002 (with Miles driving) wore #98, and was painted white. In this race at Dodger stadium, both the #198 car (CSX2026) and #298 (CSX2002) were already wearing their matching red liveries.

Side Story: That Corvette in the (brief) lead in the first Pic (#614) is the famous Washburn Z06, being driven in this photo by our beloved Bob Bondurant (RIP) and that's Corvette racer extraordinaire Dick Gulstrand (RIP) behind him in the #56 Corvette. the color photo shows Macdonald in #198, leading Gulstrand #56 and (probably) Bondurant...

Yeah yeah yeah, the Cobras won, and the Corvettes lost... HOWEVER- Bondurant did manage to clock the fastest lap of the day in the Z06.
Attached Images

Last edited by moore_rb; 05-21-2022 at 08:03 AM..