View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 03:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Salt,

Trying to picture what you meant by "more travel."

Looking at your 1st message I'm under the impression that you mean the QA1s have more extension (i.e., more "droop") than the other shocks which seems true.

The other consideration is whether the shock's compressed length is OK and isn't too long so as to make the shock act as a stop for the upward/compressed direction. When the suspension is fully compressed, the axle normally hits a rubber stop somewhere externally and doesn't bottom out the shock in that direction.

Again, depends on your setup. If the shock will act as a stop, maybe checking with QA1 to see whether that's OK and wouldn't beat up the shock internally would be a good idea.

Looking at your 1st post again, maybe a swaybar would be a good idea to reduce body roll? If you pursue this you'll need to decide whether to go with only a front bar or both ends. And if you do that, swaybar diameters are important. That's at least a three beer discussion; maybe six LOL.

Another option might be a bit stiffer springs at one or both ends.

Sorry it sounds so complex...

Tom

Last edited by Tom Wells; 05-28-2022 at 03:47 PM..