View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 04:55 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
What you really need to say is " as I do not know any legal way to excise a "cursed" title."
I personally do not know of any way, legal or illegal to change the history of a currently "rebuilt titled" vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
So a fire caused irreparable damage to the body that you had to replace some/all? And later some to the frame? That puts a little different spin on it. Maybe it would help there if you posted more details of the damage and what restoration was done to mitigate. Lots of cars are totaled these days because of the labor to repair. Almost any minor collision on a Ford GT is totaled - labor and parts availability make repairs sometimes impossible. But in the hands of an artist can be completely mitigated and documentation can help preserve some of the value. Aluminum is surprisingly friendly to someone that knows what they are doing (vis. the video of David Kirkham repairing a damanged fender).
The pictures that I have seen of the car pre-rebuild show a lot a fire that had to have caused additional "birdcage" damage to the car. The only pictures of the car under repair that I have seen to date show outer body repair and no detail of additional repairs to the inner birdcage substructure. The current pictures show an absolutely beautiful car, minus the once equally as beautiful multi weber carb assembly that previous adorned the engine compartment.

When I still had my bodyshop in PA, I sold several 5.0L converted Miatas with PA rebuilt titles in to Florida without an issue that I ever heard of. From what I can remember, Florida took the PA rebuilt title, then affixed a permanent decal to the car stating it was a previous salvage vehicle and issued a rebuilt title of their own. In one case, the car needed to go through a "rebuilt title inspection", passed without an issue....Perhaps this is the case with this car, without knowing all of the details, and what occurred during the attempted title transfer, it would be difficult to ascertain with a measure of certainty.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS