View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 05:27 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
Gentlemen :
there was never any frame/chassis damage, nor suspension damage, aside from 2 malformed rubber bushings in the left upper "A" frame., and some burned paint.
As I mentioned earlier, I have a small website dedicated to the repairs done on this car.
It is inactive at present, but should be back up before the weekend.
It is currently Titled and registered in Louisiana, and can be in certain other states.
MM; your last paragraph is similar to what I did, only in a different state.
I beg to differ based on your post, and pictures you posted 06-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Went for a spin......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
I've got the car on the lift, giving it a through inspection.
Unfortunately I did not come out unscathed ! Left rear lower A arm is bent, still have to check other side and fronts.
Anybody got one of these in their pocket?
David Kirkham made a post about other places to look for additional damage, if anyone would know, he would.

Still wondering why you state that you cannot title in Florida in your ad on Cobra Country "This Cobra currently has a Louisiana “reconstructed” title and registration and cannot be titled & registered here in the state of Florida" That statement begs the question "why"?

Finally, with the pictures you have posted of the pre-rebuild stage of the car, there most certainly was enough heat to deform the lighter gauge upper birdcage. Are you saying that none of it was damaged by the intense heat of the electrical fire? My own experience as a bodyshop owner makes me think otherwise, sorry.

Bill S.

PS: Again, I'd probably be a cash buyer with a clean title, but nowhere near 6 figures for a previously salvage car, especially when I can get a clean title, csx6000 (granted, fiberglass) for less than your ask, on the very same site as your car is listed.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 06-08-2022 at 05:31 PM..