Old 06-10-2022, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Joel

Do you have a photo of your Fuel Cell or Tank setup.....and a photo of the engine compartment of how the fuel gets to the fuel rail and returns to the tank...??
I'm now fully convinced that something needs to be done about the fuel tank pressurization. I drove the car yesterday afternoon when the ambient temperature was around 95 degrees. I heard pressure being released around the gas cap and a small amount of fuel burped out on the rear fender.

The fuel tank is same as in post #4: Gas tank becoming pressurized???

Here's pics of the engine compartment fuel stuff. Lower 90 degree fitting is the incoming fuel line. Upper fitting is the fuel return line. The hoses run down past the alternator, down to the frame rail and then connect to hard lines. At no time do the fuel lines get close to any of the "hot" parts like headers, etc. In fact the return line is run inside the frame rail until just in front of the rear axle.

The fuel pressure regulator is above the intake manifold on passenger side. Heat getting to it would mainly be heat radiated up from intake manifold. This should be offset somewhat from outside air coming through the hood scoop, that is when the car is in motion and ambient air temperatures aren't high.