View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance aluminum 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6TNCRZY View Post
FYI, in your first post with the pictures of your gears you have one left gear and one right gear. If the gear in the transmission is plastic, it may have been damaged by running the wrong driven gear.
Yes sir, you are correct the original gear, the 21 tooth red gear was in fact a Galaxy or left entry driven gear. When I got the first replacement proper 16 tooth gear, which also was the left entry correct cut, I installed it and it immediately failed. That is why I replaced both drive and driven the next go around. Just like you say, I really thought being run with the wrong gear might have compromised the drive gear. Unfortunately I got the same result...quick failure.
The fact that the gear that was in the car worked fine and was the wrong cut really made it more confusing when the next two sets burned up so quickly......how could the wrong gear work fine {save reading the correct speed} and not burn up but the brand new correct ones wouldn't last 1/4 of a mile???? The answer to this whole dilemma proved to in fact be a lack of sufficient lube upon installation.

Last edited by msinc; 06-15-2022 at 10:13 AM..