View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 07:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and 427S/C
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
I think the situation is much more complicated than that. Shelby sold the name Cobra to Ford, but when Shelby started making continuation cars, I think Shelby sued Ford and there is some sort of joint ownership of the name Cobra between Ford and Shelby. I think Shelby can use only use the name Cobra in regards to the contination cars, but Ford can continue to use the name Cobra for other things and cars that do not look like a Shelby Cobra.

At one point Ford also had like a 50% ownership of AC when Brian Angliss was involved. I know that in the US, the imported cars were called AC MkIV, but I am not sure about this, but I think Brian Angliss was allowed to sell those cars as AC Cobras outside of the US. At some point I think Ford must have gotten out of their partial ownership of AC. So does Lubinsky even have the right to use the name Cobra at this point? Who knows...
I believe
AC cars in Angliss days were allowed Cobra outside US markets.
Ford has long been disconnected with AC, since Angliss days as well.
These things take so long because lawyers perpetuate these affairs as it helps their pockets $.
Unfortunately that is what they do, push that finish line. Sort of like kick the can.

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 06-15-2022 at 07:30 PM..