View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I realize the original topic on this thread was from 2021, but thought I'd post something related to the brake bias bar in case it helps anyone else. After I built my car 8 years and just shy of 18,000 miles ago, I followed the instructions to test the brake bias after the brakes were seated. On a damp road, the fronts locked up first, as they should. I've fortunately never had a need to lock up the brakes since and didn't think to recheck the bias at any point. Recently, I discovered that my rear brake pads are very thin (Jag inboard brakes). I tested the bias again on a wet road and the rears locked up first. So, something changed over time. I have the new brake pads to put on, but just thought I'd suggest that it might be a good idea to periodically check the bias. It's also true that I could have done a better job inspecting my brake pads over time - just never thought they'd wear like that. Oh well, not a big deal.

As for the oil cooler, I installed one but didn't connect the hoses, so it's just there to fill the opening. Even on a hot day, the oil stays in the 80 - 90 C. range. Spirited driving may elevate it a bit beyond that but not much and it comes back down quickly.

Last edited by kevins2; 06-17-2022 at 12:51 PM..