Thread: fitech efi
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 07:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 408 LSX
Not Ranked     

I ran one for a hand full of years and would say I’m 50/50 on it. First, they are a hard parts company, not a tuning company. It took a while to get the tune really good. Don’t believe the “tune themselves” if you have a fairly radical engine. Once your in the ballpark though, that works well. I don’t believe the Sniper is substantially better (or worse). They source their parts from Oem just like fitech. They are a bigger company with more units out there and thus more support from them and independent forums.
Installation is everything. I had no problems with electrical stuff. I would still be running it except for a injector failure the day before a big trip. Pulled it off, threw my old carb back on, and went. Guess I’m too lazy to go back.
A few suggestions if you decide to go with either system.
Do a good job on the electrical. Shield wires if there is anything that could cause interference.
Don’t mess around with in-line fuel pumps or surge tanks. Put a good in-tank pump in. It’ll be a cleaner and better installation.
O2 sensor failures are possible with either system. Once you get the tune where you want it, turning the self tune off will keep it from going crazy rich or lean if o2 failure happens or you develope an exhaust leak.

Good luck if you go this direction. I actually enjoyed the learning to tune part and may get mine back out now that I’ve talked about it so much.

Last edited by G_Edmonds; 06-26-2022 at 08:55 AM..