View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 07:49 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfish View Post
Dan; I was thinking the seats just sit where they are supposed to be and load smaller bits on them, the whole cabin will be covered in heavy poly and taped all around so not worried about water ingress and wont be much in the open air. I hope..

Bill; The original plan was to have a container shipped to ERA but since i ordered the kit freight costs have gone through the roof, the cost now is minimum 6 k dollars to do it that way... That together with a lot of import taxes here has forced me to be a little creative with shipping.
I can get it to Norway for around 3 grand with a shared container but price goes up if there are more loose boxes to deal with, volume and handling costs big bucks these days, also the issue of boxes going missing underway.
And the Norwegian Kroner has gotten about 20% weaker to the dollar, shoulda just paid for it all when i ordered it

Thanks for both of your insight gents , keep the ideas coming please
Bite the bullet and get the private shipping container if you are worried about shipping loss or theft. Does it hurt, absolutely, will it make you sleep better while it's in transit, absolutely. How much is your peace of mind worth, as well as the knowledge it will all arrive as it was intended given your not so close proximity to the manufacturer.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS