View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 11:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlypersonl View Post
Robby,
ERA can deliver the kit in any stage of assembly/disassembly.
However...
What are the laws in the importing country? My experience with the European Union is that the closer a package looks like a completed car, the more barriers there are to importing. We've had to split the shipments into groups that can be described as "parts".
Norway is a bit different. I have discussed with DMV and freight forwarder and there should be no issues with having the car sent as a kit in one shipment.
I ordered the car as a basic kit but understand that a lot of the pieces are temporarily in place.

The procedure here is you apply for a license to build, get the kit home and then invite the DMV to come and see what you have (Yes they actually come to my garage). The car is imported as parts and the DMV has no knowledge of when the car arrives and are only in the loop when i tell them to come have a look. That allows me to remove the bits and pieces that are temporarily mounted for shipping purpose before the DMV inspects.

There is no inspection at the import of the kit unless tax people want to check all the parts to make sure there is nothing that shouldn't be there that they can tax.
Shipper says that's unlikely to happen and if it does its not a big deal, just means repacking the car over here before I trailer it from east coast to west coast.

Robby R