View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Best wishes for your venture Robby.

Some background on my comments, and also on my Cobra journey .... before going down my current path with a PACE 289FIA build, I had very seriously considered an ERA 289FIA - in fact I had already paid a deposit to Peter. The import hurdles and costs involved in getting an ERA kit (or indeed, any other Cobra kit) into Australia were just too great, so I had to change direction. It has worked out well so far

Again, best wishes for your build, and we all look forward to a great build thread!

Cheers,
Glen
Thanks for that Glen!

Read your thread a while back, wow, what a great job on everything!

I considered many options before going with ERA but they were always at the top of what I wanted. Being so far away from the source of parts etc. i wanted a kit that had most of the pieces included. I visited ERA 4-5 years ago when over for business and the experience sold me.
When self build rules here in Norway changed a couple of years ago, I was pretty quick to make up my mind and put a deposit down with ERA.

Plan is to build over a couple years and try to do everything myself. I work offshore in Norway with a nice schedule that gives me plenty of garage time, so it might just be finished quicker

My youngest daughter is studying in Australia, she's been 2 years in Brisbane and now she's in Melbourne for another year or two. She loves Australia and we are not happy about that Never been myself, but plans afoot to visit in January.

Robby R