View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5GTO View Post
Going from 302 to 347 cid would purely be for the extra power. The main purpose for the OD TKX transmission would be to lower RPMs while driving on the Interstate.

A question related to the 347 stroker direction, will the current EFI tune be adversely impacted by the extra cid? If so, would the situation be that the dyno tune done for the 302 cid engine just might be non-optimized for the 347 or the extra displacement really requires a different tune to prevent engine failure?

As I'm putting together a budget for the fixes here, it's important to capture all the line items. I'm guessing a dyno tune is probably in the neighborhood of $750 these days thus a significant line item.
Doing a 347 is ridiculously easy. I've (my old company...and this one) built thousands of them. Probably more than anyone in the industry...and I introduced the first (cast crank) version ever offered back around 1990. Back then we modified 351C cranks to fit the 302 blocks.

There are no balancing issues. Forged cranks come in either 28 oz or internal versions. Cast cranks are 28 oz. There are a ton of balancers available either way, and neither will give you any problems.

If you're going with the stock block, I'd probably stick with the cast crank versions (though I'd avoid Eagle). A Scat cast crank, Scat Pro Series I-Beam rods and an Autotec flat top (depending on cylinder head) will take far more power and rpm than the stock block will allow.

You will absolutely have to have the tune redone and may need larger injectors, depending on what you have now. I have no idea what it costs to tune anything.

Last edited by Mark O'Neal; 07-09-2022 at 11:49 PM..