Thread: Coyote Owners
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft - Coyote
Not Ranked     

I pulled the pan to inspect the baffle to see if I had the old style or the revision. It seems I have the old. Moroso is sending me the revised baffle. I attached pictures of mine and the revision for those who are curious. The first is mine and the revision is second. You'll notice the oval relief hole so it allows the dipstick to seat fully. The third shows how my dipstick scraped the pan causing the stick to arc and give a false reading. I also found that I do have a windage tray (last photo). It's a Moroso product that is required when installing their pan. now that I have the pan off I can experiment by pouring water until it comes to the bottom of the baffle and then count additional quarts for filter, oil in suspension, etc. By looking down the baffle I can't see how more than a few quarts can fit in there to not exceed the baffle height. Using eschaider's previous calculations, plus another 1/2 qt. for the Motorcraft filter, that would put me at around 5 quarts total. Doesn't add up. Maybe that baffle area holds more than the eye can see. I'll try and see what happens. Does the windage tray throw off any of the mentioned calculations?

[IMG][/IMG]