View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I don't have a Cobra, but I do have a CR Sebring that I am currently redoing.

I added electric power steering from an 05 Chevy Equinox to my car so that my wife will have an easier time driving it. I grafted the electric steering to a C4 Corvette tilt and telescoping column. Not saying you need a Corvette column as it could be mated to whatever you wanted. This puts the steering unit out of the way under the cowl and keeps the engine bay clean.

This is how it turned out:

There is a boost controller available for this particular EPAS unit that allows you to adjust the boost level through a knob.

This is the controller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28439860755...sAAOSw~oNhYvX2

The same vendor has a controller that is adjusted by GPS. He also has another that apparently uses force feedback from the steering unit to self-adjust. I may try that one out.

I haven't driven the car yet. Hopefully that will come in a few weeks, but I have tested the whole setup on the car and it works as advertised. There appears to be 3 levels of boost control even though the potentiometer is infinitely adjustable.

FWIW - I also added a fast ratio rack (15 to 1) and increased the castor to about 6*.

Last edited by Hotrod46; 08-07-2022 at 10:50 AM..