View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford DOHC
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the pictures and responses. I have a power brake booster under the hood at the spot that the electric assist drive motor would be located as shown in Hotrod46's picture. The headers are the next obstruction.
I have seen the Flaming River Micro Steer units online. I would have to mount it onto the manual rack that is inplace right now. I'd have to shorten the pinion to close couple it to the rack, build a support bracket of some sort, shorten my intermediate shaft and wire it in.
It could all be done by a person (me) that has built and modified cars through out their lifetime. I am looking for a simpler bolt in setup that someone else has discovered and adapted to this car. I like the ones that have the assist motor integrated onto the rack.
I did print the schematic with dimensions of the Flaming River Micro Steer to start figuring how it would fit and where I could secure it with a suitable bracket. While it is not my first choice, it looks as though it might be my only choice.
Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my search.
Bob