View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM THREE WHEE View Post
We here at ET Mags have been making wheels since 1960, so i hope we know what we are doing.
We rebuild wheels also 1, 2 and 3 piece wheels. on 2 piece we can remove the weld and move the center forward and re weld to change the offset, or just remove the center and install in a new outer rim to change width and/or offset.
On a 1 piece cast or forged wheel the wheel inner or outer lip is removed, the a forged new lip is installed first by shrink fitting then welding in place. This produces a wheel that will pass current SAE J2530 testing. 3 piece wheels are just a select the correct fitting rim half's and the assemble and seal.

Yet in most cases just purchasing new wheels is a more cost effective way to go on standard commodity wheels.

If we can help let us know ETmags.com
IG @etwheels
scott
Based upon what I can see on the E-T Wheels website, it may be possible for me to go that route, replacing only my rear wheels with wider ones.

Questions:
  1. How close in appearance are the 15" diameter E-T Classic V wheels to the American Racing Torq Thrust D?
  2. Do the American Racing spinner center caps (#41054031B1) fit the E-T Classic V wheels?