Thread: Site is Back Up
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 04:14 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
I'm somewhat puzzled by the ownership situation on the site. I know Brent owns it (still?). He used to be a very active participant on here. However, within the past "X" number of years, he has disappeared, and the performance of the site periodiocally degrades. Sort of like an absentee ownership situation. It seems few can contact him, he never participates; it's a very odd situation. Some have offered to buy the site, that never seems to bear fruit. Can any of you "insiders" tell us what's going on with the site, with Brent, with the ownershp/management of the site, etc? On the rare occasion that this topic pops up, it seems everyone speaks in riddles that only the inside guys get. It's all gotten very strange from an owner/management perspective.
I'm not an insider, but with full disclosure, I am the global moderator on a sister site, so I do usually get a response to my inquiries, not as fast as I would like, but some communication is better than none at all. Brent has long finished his Kirkham build, so the draw of the site seems less and less to him I'm sure. Same goes for his GT40 replica. From what I see these days, when I run across one of his online posts, he is into steam punk type vehicles (also polished aluminum panel vans), and for a while, choppers, and modified, vintage Fiat 500's. I know that he is enjoying life, and appears to travel on and off, mostly long weekends to this and that. As we all age a little more, the pull of the cars seems less and less. My 2 car garage now stuffed with 4 convertibles, yet I find myself spending less and less time with them, and more enjoying mine time on earth with SWMBO.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS