View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Volvo electric pumps have been used too. I studied them before going the route I did. There are some that have integrated reservoirs and some that have remote reservoirs. The remote units might be easier to package in a tight area like a Cobra. The Volvo units have been used it drift cars as well. Serious drifting puts a high demand on power steering. If they will work for that, they should work for anything.

Yes, they apparently are pretty loud. One guy on YouTube mounted his in the passenger compartment and I think he regretted it.

The same guy that has the Equinox controllers also has a variable speed controller for the Volvo unit.

FWIW -Not really pertinent to this thread, but I did leave room for regular hydraulic steering on my car as a plan B. There are some reported issues with the all electric DIY setups that I may not like if true. The main one being sluggish return to center after a turn. If that occurs with mine, it will be going on the shelf and a conventional power rack will replace it.

Here is a link to the Volvo speed controller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284900396770

No, I don't have any affiliation with this vendor. He just happens to have some neat stuff.