CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSDFGT View Post
That is a shame.

I’ll say this- Brent Lykins is apparently plenty busy. I’ve reached out to him several times about building me a stroker FE for my kids S-code Mustang and he never bothered to return my calls or messages, and finally when he did a month later, he didn’t seem too interested and said he was booked out for 8 months (and then still didn’t reply to my further messages). Disappointing. I’ve been impressed with his knowledge and attention to detail with his builds.
I am swamped. I have more orders now than I've ever had and it's like having a bunch of kids who just want to live at home and don't want to leave.

All of my engines are fully custom, so most require custom pistons, head work, etc. Pistons have taken up to 14-16 weeks at times. I just got a quote back from Mahle for a custom piston and they quoted me 25 weeks. Molnar FE rods have been non-existent for months. TFS heads have been non-existent for months. Comp Cams has been out of FE flat tappet cam cores and now they are out of FE roller cores. One head porter retired. The other one had knee surgery and is out of pocket.

I do not consider it good business practice to keep on taking orders and deposits when there's no way to fill them.

If I didn't return a phone call/text/email, I'm very, very surprised. If you tried to reach out to me through YouTube or Instagram, I do not consider those reliable sources of communication and I apologize if I didn't respond. The private message notifications don't always come through on my phone. Email is the best way to get in touch with me. If you call, please leave a voice mail so I can distinguish you between the dozens of spam calls I get per day.

In response to the thread topic, this really hurt me to read about Lance closing up shop. That meant that employees had to be let go, family lives were upended.