Thread: Site is Back Up
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

After an off-line discussion I'll go ahead and add a comment I stalled on posting:

It's difficult to come up with a value, so a 20K stake in the ground is as good as any. But the reality is that it doesn't matter what number you chose - 10K or 100K the reality is that it's worth way less than you think. Let's say half. So if it's really 10K or 50K that number doesn't matter either.... The reason is that if your strike is 20K and the real number is less, the reality is that the value is approaching zero faster than it is approaching 20k...

When I started doing car forums about 15 years ago I had about 20 on my bookmarks. I'm down to 3 that I watch daily. I used to watch (I'm estimating) about 5 (maybe a few more) Cobra forums regularly. Now there is only this one. Over the years two things occur: Attrition and consolidation. Some forums simply disappear. Most don't die overnight but get less and less traffic or the traffic becomes so irrelevant that people leave in droves [this is what happened to Team Shelby]. Others get taken over by better versions of the same subject - Forum A has a decrease in traffic that allows Forum B to subsume it. In fact, that happened to several of the older Cobra forums that where this forum took over. There were also some specialty forums - I recall a dedicated Shelby CSX forum but can't find it any more even though the bookmark is still in my old bookmarks...

I think Alfa02's decision to back off is the right one. This place will either survive (or die) on its own.