View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default number lights and mirrors

While many try to duplicate original configurations, one must remember that the street and the track are two different animals. Where one works fine on the track, it my present a problem on the street. Case in point, the number circle lights on the doors of team cars. You may want to consider putting a disconnect in the door for each light. Way back at the dawn of man when I did my first restoration of a team car, I immediately put on side view mirrors as required by law for my State. The mirrors worked fine until the first night out. This car had a new rebuild engine and clutch assembly and was just the way it had come from Le Mans. Number lights were connected to the low beams and the glare in the mirrors was terrible and made the mirrors a real distraction and a negative. This problem, if it is one for you can be over come by not adding the lights or putting in the disconnect or while not original, putting the lights at the 9 o'clock position instead of the 3 o'clock position on the door number circles. So, I suggest use tape to attach each and try them in the dark to see if you have a problem as I did. Your seat and height all effect this position so you may not have the same problem but do a temporary setup before you make it final to be safe.

Bill K