View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I believe the rise of EV's *might* well make the Cobra stand out as an iconic nod to gas guzzling, fossil fueled excess and actually spark renewed interest among younger potential enthusiasts. The generations that revere the Cobra for it's once world-beating performance are thinning out and there are several commonly available cars - from Japanese Imprezas, Evos, and Skylines to the reimagined Yank muscle cars, GT500's, ZL-1's, Hellcats and Z06's - that make Cobra performance parameters look almost ordinary by today's standards.

So while the Cobra may no longer be the baddest kid on the block, its brash personality, big loud pipes and iconic looks will continue to stand out in shocking contrast to the silent, sterile modernism of electric cars. They may well outrun, outhandle and outbrake any Cobra but they'll never match the jarring impact Cobras have on all 5 human senses. Cobras may well become the new hot rod of choice for a generation of gearheads who see it as the ultimate expression of internal combustion performance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...