View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

I've been considering EFI for quite some time, looking at both throttle body and multi-point systems. As such, I've been talking to people with direct personal experience, watching forums and Facebook groups, etc. to get a sense of what works and what doesn't.

While the auto industry has used and proven EFI for decades, it seems to me the after-market industry still has a long way to go before it consistently and reliably provides an alternative to 'modern' carburetors.

I realize those with EFI systems that are running well aren't spending their time shouting their successes from the rooftops, but there are a lot of disgruntled users out there with sometimes huge problems.

I can wrap my head around the high probability that most of the FiTech or Sniper issues are due to flawed installations, exhaust leaks, etc., but I hear far too much about failed ECUs, oxygen sensors, long delivery times for replacement parts, poor customer service, yada, yada, yada.

I'll keep watching the industry to see if the situation improves but, for now, I'm going to stand pat and stick with my Holley Street Avenger.

Please, no lengthy dissertations to explain how my observations and opinions are incorrect.